API keys for extracting Identities
From your Services List, click a service's name, then select the
API Keys tab.
On this tab you can create and modify API keys to extract and archive candidate information.
Configure API access
Create an API key
- Go to the
API Keystab and click the Create API key button.
- If you wish to include candidates' Identity attributes in the API responses, select the
- Specify a delay for automatic Identity archival, or leave the field empty if you want to retain candidates' personal info in the dashboard.
Adjust an existing API key
Click on a highlighted row to edit the settings for a key:
- Edit description
- Exclude or include Identity attribute data
- Set a delay after API extract to automatically archive the candidate
- Enable or disable the API key
Click Update after making any needed changes, or close the dialog to leave settings unchanged.
Archived candidate Identities
When a candidate is archived in the KYC Connect Dashboard all raw KYC personal info (i.e. Identity attributes) will be deleted. Only metadata (e.g. status, history) and any Identity certificates provided will remain.
If the Identity attribute data has been extracted using the API, candidate Identities can be automatically archived.
Extract and Archive. Best practice.
Personal KYC data should not sit in your KYC Connect database forever. Using the API with the archive option will allow you to securely meet your data retention requirements.
After creating an API key, you can use the Dashboard API to extract individuals personal info and store it in a secure environment.
🛈 If you wish to use AES encryption as an additional security layer on the extracted data, contact Blockpass directly for more information about the protocols and keys you will require.